My love affair with Las Vegas
For the past 3 years I’ve been visiting Vegas, and I expect in 2017 I will continue this tradition I have made for myself.
My first visit to Las Vegas was in 2014 with my two girlfriends as part of a California road trip. We started our journey in Los Angeles (another favourite of mine) and decided to detour via Vegas whilst ultimately on-route to San Francisco (don’t question the logic of our route, we realised we may have over stretched ourselves when were about 14 hours into our drive!).
The drive from LA to Nevada is incredible, once you escape all the freeways of LA you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, dry dessert surrounding you, the signal on your car radio begins to fade away, and you’re on a long straight road with no visible sign of civilisation, just the odd diner, and a few trailer homes and then like a mirage, you begin to see the twinkling lights of Vegas, and that’s when the excitement begins!
The minute you arrive at your hotel you feel special, the valet takes your bags, you’re whisked through check-in and then you make your way through the casino to find the elevator that will take you to your room. The times that I’ve visited I’ve stayed at Caesars Palace or Encore at the Wynn, both are incredible, you can expect to find high customer service and pure luxury at any of the large hotels on the strip.
I love Vegas for many reasons, the pool parties being the main one! The pool parties are legendary, partying in your bikini, drinking iced cocktails, plus they’re often hosted by legendary DJ’s or your favorite rapper, what’s not to love? The nightlife is like no other, the clubs are huge, extremely glamourous and sprinkled with celebrities. Like the pool parties, you can often expect a mini concert, with some of the biggest artists in the industry dropping by to perform.
My Top Tips
- 3 / 4 nights is all you need for Vegas, I think it’s all your wallet and your health can take.
- Try and avoid visiting during the summer months as temperatures can rise to about 47 degrees, making it hard to enjoy the pool facilities ( but not to worry it can be done, if you love sunbathing like me, you will give it a damn good go whatever the weather!)
- Vegas hotels are good value for money, if you book directly through their websites you can expect to find nice perks included in your room rate such as F&B credits throughout your stay.
- Best time of year to go is when it’s a US holiday, I’ve visited during Labor Day Weekend and Memorial Day Weekend.
- Make sure your hotel is on the strip as that’s where all the action is, and it means that you can in theory walk everywhere depending on the weather.
- My Favourite pool parties: Encore Beach Party, Rehab Sundays and XS Night Swim
Ultimately Vegas has something for everyone, it has the best restaurants in the world, Hakkasan, Nobu, Sushi Samba etc, an incredible nightlife, world famous shows, great shops, fantastic weather and luxurious hotels.
Story by Aliyah from #Travelbff
Would you like to share a story with us? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org